Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > A few US tanks questions
TOPIC: A few US tanks questions
PM Whirlwind
Standard User
A few US tanks questions
Whirlwind
9th Nov 2022 05:42:23

From the tanks in the WW2 British Armour range, would it only be the Sherman I and the M10 and the Stuarts which could be used for the US (without squinting)?

For the Stuarts, would the M3A1 be suitable for the Alamein battles onwards? When would they be appropriate for the Far East?

And also, which models of Shermans and Stuarts would have been used by the Nationalist Chinese?

PM Rakkasan
Standard User
A few US tanks questions
Rakkasan
10th Nov 2022 12:29:08

For US forces, the Wolverine, WBT73, M4 Sherman I, mid-production, WBT64, and I think you could get away with using WBR83, 85, 88, and 89.  

The M3A1 Stuart started production in May 1942 so it is possible some were available for the El Alamein battles.  The plain M3 was in the Far East from 1941 but the M3A1 probably did not appear in that theater until 1943.  

The Nationalist Chinese probably had the M3A1 and the M4A4.  

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
A few US tanks questions
Whirlwind
10th Nov 2022 06:49:14

Thanks Rakkasan, that all makes sense to me

PM Wg Cdr Luddite
Standard User
A few US tanks questions
Wg Cdr Luddite
13th Nov 2022 05:11:59

No Sherman V (M4A4)  for the US. They rejected them for service and all went to Britain or China.

PM Enfield53
Standard User
A few US tanks questions
Enfield53
13th Nov 2022 07:59:14

Literally the only thing stopping me from jumping in on Baccus for my WWII collection (currently all Pendraken 10mm) is the lack of US options.  I can get around the lack of US paratroopers (although it's disappointing), but not having a Sherman M4A3 75mm, Sherman M4A3 76mm option (E8 option would also be great), an M18 Hellcat, and I'd REALLY love an option to get M4 105mm separately and not part of a set (is this possible by request?).  

Please!  Take my money!  Lol 

PM peter
Administrator
A few US tanks questions
peter
14th Nov 2022 01:29:00

The one REALLY important thing to remember, that the Baccus range is Work In Progress and not the finished article.  Although we are in temporary hiatus, as the UK Autumn show seasong is keeping is very busy,  we have shedloads of stuff to be released, amongst which will be US AFVs and softskins.  As I speak, we have 4 US Sherman variants awaiting for the moulds to be made.  Yes, it's frustrating, but we will be there very soon.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Enfield53
Standard User
A few US tanks questions
Enfield53
14th Nov 2022 03:13:34

And so more of my money will be coming your way soon Peter...   ;)

PM Enfield53
Standard User
A few US tanks questions
Enfield53
20th Feb 2023 02:12:27

Well darn, I held out for a few months longer, but still not US additions, while the Brits and Germans get niche items.  Really wanted to invest in the range, but have decided to keep filling with 10mm.  Maybe the US M4A3 will make an appearance after the British mobile latrine vehicles.  ;p

PM peter
Administrator
A few US tanks questions
peter
28th Feb 2023 11:37:56

We have two specifically  US Shermans currently going approaching production and release, and more are in the next batch of prints from the bureau.  Softskins are being modelled as I type.   I know it is frustrating, but we are always working hard behind the scenes.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Enfield53
Standard User
A few US tanks questions
Enfield53
28th Feb 2023 10:52:35

(Walking back to the Blackjack table) ...I guess I could play a few more hands... ????

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by MattiT
29th Apr 2024

Price rise and the Golden Ticket by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS