Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > What a load of Balkans
TOPIC: What a load of Balkans
PM njt236
Standard User
What a load of Balkans
njt236
9th Jan 2024 05:43:19

Hi guys. I'm looking for suitable proxies for the Balkan Wars 1912/13. Namely Bulgarians, Greek, Montenegrans and Romanians. Thanks a lot

Nigel

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM ChrisBBB
Standard User
What a load of Balkans
ChrisBBB
10th Jan 2024 12:10:50

Hi Nigel,

Bulgarians: I'd suggest Russian WWI.

Greeks: I used British WWI for the line infantry; Irregular's French chasseurs alpins for the Evzones, but ACW Zouaves might work too

Serbs: I used Serbian WWI

Montenegrins: ACW Zouaves

Romanians: I suggest Austro-Hungarian field caps will work

Chris

PM njt236
Standard User
What a load of Balkans
njt236
10th Jan 2024 12:50:31

Hi Chris

Thanks for that list. Very helpful.

Nigel (I am using BBB by the way)

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM ChrisBBB
Standard User
What a load of Balkans
ChrisBBB
10th Jan 2024 09:43:26

Happy to hear that, Nigel! Konstantinos's "Bloody Big Balkan Battles!", presumably?

My Greek and Serbian armies are on display here. (Not Baccus figures, sorry - I took advantage of another manufacturer's painting service.)

PM njt236
Standard User
What a load of Balkans
njt236
11th Jan 2024 01:57:41

BBBB, of course.

G S Patton

LATEST FORUM POSTS

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD