> Forums
Reply
1
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > 1st Anglo-Afghan War
TOPIC: 1st Anglo-Afghan War
PM GrantWorley
Standard User
Posts: 3
1st Anglo-Afghan War
GrantWorley
5th Sep 2026 01:37:29
I was thinking about potentially trying to model the retreat from Kabul in 1842 as a campaign and I was trying to figure out models that would work. For the English part of the British army I would think the Napoleonic infantry would be fine. My guess is for the Indian/Bengali portion I could also just paint the Napoleonic figures differently although I’m not 100% on that. The biggest question I had was for the afghan forces. I thought maybe the mahdist forces from the colonial range could maybe work but wanted to get other people’s ideas of what to use for everything or if there’s a better option out there in 6mm.
PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
1st Anglo-Afghan War
Whirlwind
6th Sep 2026 08:07:02
I think that the Mahdists would generally be fine. To my mind, some of the Armoured Cavalry from the Early C18 Ottoman Range look like some of the commanders and cavalry, maybe a smattering of other codes which have the relatively subdued headgear.
PM ChrisBBB
Standard User
Posts: 188
1st Anglo-Afghan War
ChrisBBB
8th Sep 2026 05:23:26
As the British wore bell-topped shakos, I don't think British Napoleonics would work. How about NFR25 and NFR 27 - French in greatcoats?
PM NICK
Standard User
Posts: 18
1st Anglo-Afghan War
NICK
8th Sep 2026 08:32:01
What about NSP07 in the Spanish napoleonic range for the British
1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer