Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > French Imperial Guard
TOPIC: French Imperial Guard
PM Rakkasan
Standard User
French Imperial Guard
Rakkasan
26th Mar 2018 09:00:24

I have started a project to re-fight the Napoleonic Wars of 1805-1809 in Eastern Europe. 

I have found some good information on the forum for creating the Saxons and other German allies for the period and am looking for some help in confirming what codes to use to re-create the French Imperial Guard.

Old Guard - NFR04

Young Guard NFR02

Chassuer a cheval - NFR12

Empress Dragoons - NFR05

Limbers for the Guard Artillery codes NFR33T, and NFR34S

Thank you for your assistance

Mike

PM rsjahn
Standard User
French Imperial Guard
rsjahn
26th Mar 2018 09:31:03

Hi Mike,

NFR19 - Grenadiers a Cheval

Young Guard may be a bit more difficult: NFR02 is perfect for the Middle Guard (fusilier-grenadier and fusilier-chasseur), but they have epaulettes, wihich the Young Gurad don't have. But maybe simply not painting them will do the job.

Ralf

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
French Imperial Guard
ironass
26th Mar 2018 11:56:00

Ah, the First Empire... Imperial Guard... those were the days (meaning when I was obsessed with Napoleonics)... getting better now thank you... I recommend the book on the subject in fact three volumes by HEIMDAL editions... French and English versions Available... not surprisingly a search in amazon will do the trick... Jouineau  and Mongin are the authors... really a very useful guide... even in 6 mm. Have fun. adb@andorra.ad

PM hengist
Standard User
French Imperial Guard
hengist
20th Sep 2019 08:54:31

Hi, How did you add the necessary plumes to the NFR05 Dragoons to make the Empress Dragoons?

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11