> Forums
Reply
1
> General > Website Queries > Piedmontese Skirmishers
TOPIC: Piedmontese Skirmishers
PM IR1Lothringen
Standard User
Posts: 42
Piedmontese Skirmishers
IR1Lothringen
11th Nov 2018 12:04:07

I am puzzled by the website listings. RSI01 is Piedmont Line Infantry, RSI03 is Besaglieri Skirmishers. There is no RSI02. Was or is this intended for Line Infantry in skirmish order? The expansion pack offers additional 28 man units which I assume means 24 close order plus 4 skirmishers. Then I thought ah! that must be 4 besaglieri but then I realised that the army pack also offers 28 man line units but also 2 x 24 Bersaglieri. So does that mean there is a line infantry skirmisher and if so how can they be ordered separately?


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Piedmontese Skirmishers
peter
12th Nov 2018 09:48:41

Good question.  I put the Risorgimento range together with lot of help from one of my Italian customers who was, unsurprisingly, very passionate about the subject.  I showed him my projected product listing with RSI2 being line infantry in skirmish order.   I was met with something along the lines of, 'Don't do that code.  The Bersagalieri provided the skirmish cover for all the line regiments'.   He was quite adamant about this, so RSI2 remained unsculpted and forgotten.

The logic of the packs is that you have both independent Bersaglieri formations and detached contingents of skirmishers providing support to the rest of the division.

Incidentally, I think that this answers your other query on the subject.  Apologies for not wading in earlier, but it did make for an interesting discussion in my absence.


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM IR1Lothringen
Standard User
Posts: 42
Piedmontese Skirmishers
IR1Lothringen
22nd Nov 2018 03:26:52

Many thanks Peter. That clears my thoughts.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer