> Forums
Reply
1
> General > Website Queries > Danish GNW flags
TOPIC: Danish GNW flags
PM MattiT
Standard User
Posts: 29
Danish GNW flags
MattiT
1st Jun 2021 06:52:07

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me recognise which regiment the flag on the left of the grenadiers and below Sjælland regiment from the Danish GNW/WSS flag set belongs to. 

 

Regards, Matti


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Danish GNW flags
peter
7th Jun 2021 10:26:20

The flag in question is for the Oldenburgska Regiment.


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM MattiT
Standard User
Posts: 29
Danish GNW flags
MattiT
8th Jun 2021 06:34:06

Thank you Peter! Do you know if it is a company flag used in one of the later campaigns? All the sources I've found for Danish flags only use the flag third from the bottom on the right for the Oldenburgska regiment.  


PM hwiccee
Standard User
Posts: 190
Danish GNW flags
hwiccee
9th Jun 2021 12:20:15

MattiT,

I am not sure this will help but the one with the arrow is noted as the Oldenburgska flag is in Sapherson's booklet on the Danes. The one 3rd from the bottom on the right is the same unit from the Acedia book.


PM MattiT
Standard User
Posts: 29
Danish GNW flags
MattiT
11th Jun 2021 08:39:46

Thank you very much Peter and Nick, found the flag in question in the booklet! Though my curiosity isn't sated yet, I may need to look through some of the sources Sapherson has cited!


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer