> Forums
Reply
1
> General > Website Queries > Needs "cleaning"
TOPIC: Needs "cleaning"
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Posts: 921
Needs "cleaning"
ironass
16th Mar 2026 01:49:58

Hi Peter,  I know you know... but site needs "cleaning" of bots.


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Needs
dourpuritan
16th Mar 2026 02:47:41

Here we go again with more non-wargaming utter bollocks, which could potentially lead to loss of threads again.


A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Posts: 921
Needs
ironass
16th Mar 2026 03:29:00

C'mon... it is not so difficult... computer techs are quite cheap nowadays...BTW the "SEARCH" facility at the top right does not lead anywhere whatever you "search" (brutal to mention?)....

Such a great Forum from the beginning!


Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Posts: 921
Needs
ironass
17th Mar 2026 03:47:12

Thank You!


Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Posts: 921
Needs
ironass
18th Mar 2026 07:15:11

OMG!... Here we go again...


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Needs
peter
18th Mar 2026 09:59:44

It's daily.  I clean them off as soon as I see them.  There is a special pit in a very deep circle of Hell reserved for the people behind this sort of thing...


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM David Kay
Standard User
Posts: 273
Needs
David Kay
19th Mar 2026 08:11:21

Unfortunately, there may be a need to toughen up by introducing such mechanisms as Third Factor Authentication or "I am not a spambot" when trying to login to this Forum. I know the Kallistra forum keeps getting hit too.


PM Mort53
Standard User
Posts: 68
Needs
Mort53
19th Mar 2026 02:08:44

Quick wins to cut down spam would be adding CAPTCHA and email verification, and maybe having the first 2–3 posts require approval. That should catch most of the low-effort stuff pretty quickly.

Only downside is it does add a bit more overhead for admin and pulls some time away from the front line....though it does make you wonder, if they’re spending that much time posting spam, why they haven’t realised they’re wasting it and could be getting into 6mm wargaming instead… or at least offering to help paint everyone’s white metal mountain.


Mort

there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and it was a flamethrower 

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer