> Forums
Reply
1
> General > Website Queries > Possible correction and a suggestion
TOPIC: Possible correction and a suggestion
PM Lee
Standard User
Posts: 8
Possible correction and a suggestion
Lee
7th Jul 2026 03:36:40

Hi,

The website mentions a £135 imposed limit on EU orders.  Not knowing if that was before/after postage or before/after VAT, I pressed ahead with my order whose total amount was more...it went through ok.  Maybe add that the limit is before postage / before VAT / no longer applicable ?

As for the suggestion, it is for the "why buy 6mm" bit.  I would add that after an evening's painting session, whereas with 15mm or 28mm you have a base or two that doesn't represent anything in particular, with 6mm you have a least a battalion (if you are a slow painter like me) or an entire regiment (for the faster brush wielders).  A very satisfying result !

By the way, it may just be me, but all the photos on the 6mm Painting Guide page are down.

Yours,

Lee


PM Frenchie
Standard User
Posts: 30
Possible correction and a suggestion
Frenchie
9th Jul 2026 02:56:48

Hi Lee, I completely concur with your suggestions - I am not a very fast painter, but 6mm has, safe to say, a far better 'paint - to - play' ratio than the larger scales (as I found out to my cost when I tried to paint 10 army packs of Warlord Games 15mm 'Epic Battles' Napoleonics). 

Also, a great thing with the 6mm scale is the terrain. Whilst of course entierly possible to make scuplted boards at the larger scales, it is much easier, quicker, and my opinion actually looks better, at 6mm scale. 

I also have a few thoughts / suggestions re the Baccus website - but that is for another day!

Thanks all! 


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Possible correction and a suggestion
peter
9th Jul 2026 05:43:20

The £135 is before P&P and VAT, so that does help.   You are right about the rate of production of 6mm vs larger scales and it would definitely be a plus point to include.   I will go and check out the painting guide and see what is happening there.


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Spike8080
Standard User
Posts: 9
Possible correction and a suggestion
Spike8080
9th Jul 2026 06:42:56

Hi there

Is this amount of 135 pound also valid for sendings to switzerland? Switzerland is not part of EU, but I dunno, if this will affect sendings. Swi is surrounded by EU, so....

Thanks in advance

 


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Possible correction and a suggestion
peter
10th Jul 2026 11:15:15

No, it only applies to EU members.   Order away to your heart's content!


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer