> Forums
Reply
1
> General > Website Queries > Great War British mortar confusion
TOPIC: Great War British mortar confusion
PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Posts: 186
Great War British mortar confusion
pushing.tin
9th Feb 2016 12:40:36

The picture for

GWB23 - British 3" Stokes mortar 

appears to be of

GWB19 - British 18pdr and crew

and

GWB24 - British 6" mortar

appear to be of

GWB20 - British 4.5 Howitzer and crew

also, the 1915-18 Corps HQ pack lists 4 x 6" Howitzers and crew, should this be mortars, or is GWB24 in fact 6" howitzers rather than mortars?

 


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Great War British mortar confusion
peter
9th Feb 2016 01:56:23

Quite right.  Normal service, as they say, will be resumed shortly as I get the correct images into place.

GWB23 is definitely the 3" and GWB24 the 6".

Move along there, nothing to see here, (cough, cough)...

 

 


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Great War British mortar confusion
peter
15th Feb 2016 12:07:09

All is now well in the World of British Mortars.  The right pictures are in place against the right codes...


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer