> Forums
Reply
1
> General > Website Queries > Late Republican Roman Army bundle: what exactly does it come with?
TOPIC: Late Republican Roman Army bundle: what exactly does it come with?
PM Ember
Standard User
Posts: 1
Late Republican Roman Army bundle: what exactly does it come with?
Ember
13th Apr 2018 03:49:42

RHi! 

I just discovered this site, and all the awesome minis it shows off, and was particularly enticed by the super-cool Republican-era romans, which are perfect for the Caesar's civil war capaign I am going to be playing soon. 

I noticed there are several Army Packs that contain several units, which'd be perfect for me. Especially the "SPQR Late Republican Roman Army" one, which says it comes with (among other things):

  • 6 x Legionary units with Pilum
  • 6 x Legionary units with Gladius

Now, is this 12 sets of Roman which infantry, so 12x6 minis? Or is it 12 strips of minis, so 12x4? Below it say Close order infantry units = 36 figures,  which is neiter 12x96 nor 12x4. I'd just like to know how many minis I'm actually getting, if I do end up getting the set, or if it would be better to just buy individual boxes.

Thanks in advance, Ember.

 


PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
Late Republican Roman Army bundle: what exactly does it come with?
Whirlwind
14th Apr 2018 03:34:04

It is 12 x 36, i.e. 432 legionary figures.


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Late Republican Roman Army bundle: what exactly does it come with?
peter
17th Apr 2018 10:32:58

Ember,

Sorry about the delay in replying.  If you go look a little further down the section on the site, you will see this:

Polemos SPQR army compositions are for a small 20 base army. Unit sizes are: Close order infantry units = 36 figures Close order cavalry units = 9 figures Skirmisher infantry units = 8 figures Light cavalry units = 3 figures Elephants, Chariots and bolt throwers = 1 model.'  

(I've put the relevant section in Bold)

Therefore each Legionary unit (a close order unit) will consist of 36 figures.

 

 


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
Posts: 505
Late Republican Roman Army bundle: what exactly does it come with?
LEmpereur
17th Apr 2018 11:11:12

Welcome in this little minis fabulous world ! :-)

 


L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer