Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Website Queries > Late Republican Roman Army bundle: what exactly does it come with?
TOPIC: Late Republican Roman Army bundle: what exactly does it come with?
PM Ember
Standard User
Late Republican Roman Army bundle: what exactly does it come with?
Ember
13th Apr 2018 03:49:42

RHi! 

I just discovered this site, and all the awesome minis it shows off, and was particularly enticed by the super-cool Republican-era romans, which are perfect for the Caesar's civil war capaign I am going to be playing soon. 

I noticed there are several Army Packs that contain several units, which'd be perfect for me. Especially the "SPQR Late Republican Roman Army" one, which says it comes with (among other things):

• 6 x Legionary units with Pilum
  • 6 x Legionary units with Gladius

Now, is this 12 sets of Roman which infantry, so 12x6 minis? Or is it 12 strips of minis, so 12x4? Below it say Close order infantry units = 36 figures,  which is neiter 12x96 nor 12x4. I'd just like to know how many minis I'm actually getting, if I do end up getting the set, or if it would be better to just buy individual boxes.

Thanks in advance, Ember.

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Whirlwind
14th Apr 2018 03:34:04

It is 12 x 36, i.e. 432 legionary figures.

PM peter
Administrator
peter
17th Apr 2018 10:32:58

Ember,

Sorry about the delay in replying.  If you go look a little further down the section on the site, you will see this:

Polemos SPQR army compositions are for a small 20 base army. Unit sizes are: Close order infantry units = 36 figures Close order cavalry units = 9 figures Skirmisher infantry units = 8 figures Light cavalry units = 3 figures Elephants, Chariots and bolt throwers = 1 model.'  

(I've put the relevant section in Bold)

Therefore each Legionary unit (a close order unit) will consist of 36 figures.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
LEmpereur
17th Apr 2018 11:11:12

Welcome in this little minis fabulous world ! :-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by HyveMynd
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
14th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS