> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Carthaginian Army for Age of Hannibal
TOPIC: Carthaginian Army for Age of Hannibal
PM frederick_the_green
Standard User
Posts: 70
Carthaginian Army for Age of Hannibal
frederick_the_green
16th Jan 2019 12:33:47

Some pictures of the ‘african’ contingent of my Carthaginian army for Age of Hannibal planned Cannae refight.

And Yes, I am aware there are too many elephants, but I want to use this army elsewhere

Also, excuse the wifes feet in the pictures, I am not photographer (that should be obvious)

 

 

 


They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
Posts: 208
Carthaginian Army for Age of Hannibal
Nick the Lemming
16th Jan 2019 12:55:03

Very nice! And you can never have too many elephants. :)

 

40mm basing I take it?


PM frederick_the_green
Standard User
Posts: 70
Carthaginian Army for Age of Hannibal
frederick_the_green
16th Jan 2019 01:05:14

Yes, 40mm * 40mm * 3mm MDF from Sarissa.

Romans (no pictures) are based the same, but with rounded corners..

Small thing, but it helps identify which Celtic mercenaries or  Italian Hoplites belong to whom.


They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
Posts: 208
Carthaginian Army for Age of Hannibal
Nick the Lemming
16th Jan 2019 01:31:57

That's a good idea. I tend to paint the back edges a different colour to show which are which, that way I don't have to order different bases, or find that I've ended up with one extra round base and one too few square bases. Which is exactly what I would do otherwise.


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Carthaginian Army for Age of Hannibal
dourpuritan
16th Jan 2019 03:15:04

Fine looking army.


A little goes a long way

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer