> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Returning to 6mm!
TOPIC: Returning to 6mm!
PM grambo589
Standard User
Posts: 23
Returning to 6mm!
grambo589
5th Jan 2020 09:58:51

I am starting my first new 6mm project in 6 years! having spent the last 2years painting and collecting 40mm Napoleonics I'm confident that I can still do a decent job in the 'one true scale' Big starter order in for figures from the WSS range, just need to be patient for it to arrive now. While I wait I have been looking back at stuff I painted around 2012 - ish and before. Latest eye test reveals no deterioration (I'm almost 62) and I still don't need glasses for close work :) Here are a few of my old Baccus Napoleonics:


PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
Posts: 208
Returning to 6mm!
Nick the Lemming
5th Jan 2020 12:30:58

Very nice work!


PM grambo589
Standard User
Posts: 23
Returning to 6mm!
grambo589
28th Feb 2020 02:50:06

Well, I have indeed 'returned' to 6mm figures and here are a few progress shots so far. I reckon it has been a good seven years since I last worked in this wonderful scale and I am loving every minute of it. The old eyesight seems to be holding up, maybe a tad less perfect than back then but I'm pleased with the results.


PM Bunny
Standard User
Posts: 17
Returning to 6mm!
Bunny
29th Feb 2020 08:18:18

Very nice, I've just put some paint on a unit of WSS Bavarians, 've had the figures for ages but  never got around to them.  I must admit I really enjoyed painting them, basing not so much.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer