> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > 17th C. Polish Pike & Shot - Critique Requested
TOPIC: 17th C. Polish Pike & Shot - Critique Requested
PM MykeCole
Standard User
Posts: 52
17th C. Polish Pike & Shot - Critique Requested
MykeCole
17th Jul 2020 09:28:26

Hi all,

I'm starting on my 17th C. Polish Wojsko Kwarciane, and I'm not super happy with how it's coming out. I haven't painted in four years, so I'm definitely rusty. Here's my first attempt - a Polish pike and shot brigade (trained by Swedes). It's based for In Deo Veritas. Cast pikes have been replaced with 0.5 brass rods. When I stand over it and look at it . . . it doesn't look good. Can you all give me any pointers? Please be constructive and gentle, thanks in advance. 


PM Wigster600
Standard User
Posts: 4
17th C. Polish Pike & Shot - Critique Requested
Wigster600
18th Jul 2020 08:51:43

The paint job does the part for the scale, maybe it's the colour clash from the flourescent grass? Or is the grass just that bright due to camera flash/lighting?


PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
17th C. Polish Pike & Shot - Critique Requested
njt236
18th Jul 2020 02:17:17

I was going to comment on the grass also. It looks very bright. i tend to use a darker shade and have a little more bare earth showing to beak it up


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer