> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Franco-Prussian war
TOPIC: Franco-Prussian war
PM rsjahn
Standard User
Posts: 185
Franco-Prussian war
rsjahn
20th Apr 2015 05:25:27

Hi guys,

I have just finished a bunch of german and french soldiers and started playing! I'm quite happy with the outcome - perhaps I should redoo all of my 15mm napoleonic stuff...(looks like I got addicted to 6mm).

 

 


 

 

bye for now, Ralf


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Franco-Prussian war
dourpuritan
20th Apr 2015 03:59:41

Very impressive. Also like the look of the buildings. Which rules are you using?


A little goes a long way

PM rsjahn
Standard User
Posts: 185
Franco-Prussian war
rsjahn
21st Apr 2015 06:26:28

Hi,

I'm using Polemos rules - they are all similiar, so its easier to play, if you do it only occasionally like me.

The buildings are from Paper Terrain, easy to build, and under each of them is a kind of 'second version' of the same building, in a burned and demolished  condition. The terrain is still very simple, but I'm working on it.

Ralf


PM Captain Darling
Standard User
Posts: 24
Franco-Prussian war
Captain Darling
20th May 2015 03:29:23

Hey rsjahn,

Good work on the painting of these FPW figures.

An good looking period to game I use Rank and File rules with my 6mm FPW figures.

Cheers!

 


"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4

[url]http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au[/url]
[url]https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com[/url]

 

Email Extra Crispy PM Extra Crispy
Standard User
Posts: 109
Franco-Prussian war
Extra Crispy
20th May 2015 10:39:32

An easy way to help your terrain is to upgrade your gaming mat. Head over to Wal-Mart or similar and buy their dirt cheap spray paint. Get a brown, a tan, a green and a yellow. Lay the mat out on the drive way and spray from above. Getting rid of the "putting green" on the table and everything else will look a lot better!


Mark "Extra Crispy" Severin
ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

PM rsjahn
Standard User
Posts: 185
Franco-Prussian war
rsjahn
21st May 2015 03:17:19

Thanks for your tips! The 'putting green' was only a kind of stop-gap, the 'new green' is much better. But spray paint is an option, maybe I should give it a try. For the moment I'm experimenting with plastic-sheet fields (you can see a part of it on the right):


PM 6mmwargaming
Standard User
Posts: 145
Franco-Prussian war
6mmwargaming
22nd May 2015 11:03:10

Wow those are stunning


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer