> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Basing question! 6mm Nappy’s
TOPIC: Basing question! 6mm Nappy’s
PM Munds3
Standard User
Posts: 21
Basing question! 6mm Nappy’s
Munds3
19th Oct 2020 03:30:51

 

Kindly folks, got a question!  Attached are two base “mockups” for some 1814 Prussians landwehr. See links below please.  Are these legitimate enough that I can use them as brigades?  I’m looking to use them either in Polemos, Grande Armee, or Blücher!

I’m going minimal because I have some arthritis in both hands so I don’t know how much I’ll actually be able to paint.  It’s minor but it’s steadily getting worse.  I painted all yesterday and by the end of the day my hand was pretty sore and stiff.  So I thought about a compromise of using the rectangular’s rather than the squares and a minimum number of troops.  You'll have to imagine they’ll be some skirmishers on the base as well.

So what do you think is this legitimate enough?  I was looking over the troops I have painted and I found out the system I can get the battle of Montmirail done relatively quickly for me!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1biXYMXlO-u59MhKAB3-pcd0EhV1cOkzk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kVAZjI66Ag3Loc4W6EZSqsenF7L-d7ao/view?usp=drivesdk

Thx!


 

 


PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Posts: 406
Basing question! 6mm Nappy’s
Glenn Pearce
19th Oct 2020 04:13:45

Absolutely, l don't think any of those rules have a figure ratio so do whatever you want. If the actual size of the base is a problem in the rules just make a house rule to change that. Some people also use two bases together to enhance the volume look of a brigade. We played Polemos MdE for 10 years just using single 60x30 bases. You can also use this same base size to play Polemos "Ruse de Guerre" for the French & Indian War, American War of Independence and War of 1812. l never paint too long without a break. Two hours tops. I also exercise my hands occasionally by squeezing a ball. Seems to help keep the arthritis at bay.
 

 

 


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer