> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Subject
TOPIC: Subject
PM nuno.castilho@gmail.com
Standard User
Posts: 2
Crusades in SAGA - the one true scale :)
nuno.castilho@gmail.com
2nd Jan 2021 01:34:59

So, I finally have been painting a few models I bought from Baccus a couple of years ago. I plan on building an army for SAGA set in the crusades, inspired by Per's excellent SAGA for 6mm articles . I wanted the forces to be set in the 1st crusade, so went with Normans and Fatimids.

The first units I painted up were the Normans

Here, the cavalry will be Hearthguard, whereas the Infantry are classed as Warriors - Each stand is the equivalent of one model and so there are currently 2 units of Hearthguard (4 stands each) and 1 of Warriors (1 stand). My chosen stand size was 32mm x 25mm - because I like the look of it.

I've already painted up some of the Fatimids but they aren't yet based:

And up is my cavalry, also Hearthguard (3 units of 4 stands each) with the horse archers below (Warriors) in 2 units of 8 stands each.

I still need to paint up one unit of infantry for the Normans, to have at least the minimum sized force for a game (4 units) and will then expand to a couple of 8 unit forces.


Let there be fun!

PM 6mmwargaming
Standard User
Posts: 145

6mmwargaming
12th Feb 2021 12:42:39

Wow!


Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
Posts: 505
Crusades in SAGA - the one true scale :)
LEmpereur
12th Feb 2021 11:46:31

Very good !

:-)


L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Middag
dourpuritan
12th Feb 2021 12:53:47

Very nicely painted.


A little goes a long way

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer