> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > French & Austrian Guns (SYW)
TOPIC: French & Austrian Guns (SYW)
Email Extra Crispy PM Extra Crispy
Standard User
Posts: 109
French & Austrian Guns (SYW)
Extra Crispy
26th May 2015 02:28:27

Some reinforcements for my 6mm SYW Armies. Just finished the basing tonight. Figures by Baccus, brushwork by Reinforcements By Post.


Mark "Extra Crispy" Severin
ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
French & Austrian Guns (SYW)
njt236
26th May 2015 03:46:40

Hello Mark.

I hope you don't mind me bringing this to your attention. It's regarding the colour scheme of the French artillery. You have them painted Green???. French gun carriages during the SYW, according to my reference books, were a  bluey grey colour whilst the equipment of the supply train (caissons and carts), were painted brick red.

 

Nigel


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

Email Extra Crispy PM Extra Crispy
Standard User
Posts: 109
French & Austrian Guns (SYW)
Extra Crispy
26th May 2015 04:15:41

Thanks. Some day I'll have to touch them up!


Mark "Extra Crispy" Severin
ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer