> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > How does one post pictures to this site?
TOPIC: How does one post pictures to this site?
Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
How does one post pictures to this site?
dourpuritan
4th Mar 2022 11:07:19

This site has a system for posting pictures which is quite different to any other that I use. What needs to be in the URL box to make it work? I have tried copying the whole URL and I have tried removing bits of the URL to no avail, So, what exactly does one have to do? Incidentally I have set my flickr page to post pictures 500x365.


A little goes a long way

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
How does one post pictures to this site?
Whirlwind
5th Mar 2022 06:05:30

Hit picture icon in reply box

Right-click on online picture you want, select 'copy image' to get the URL link

Paste into box

Hit green 'Okay' button

There isn't anything more to it than that for me - which part of the process isn't working for you?

 


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
How does one post pictures to this site?
dourpuritan
5th Mar 2022 12:53:27

so I got that after a few goes. All the other fora I use you have to actually faff around with the URL, and do not click on the image icon until you have copied that altered URL. This is clearly easier. Many thanks for the guidance. Unfortunately, knowing me, I'll likely forget this method so will now write it down.


A little goes a long way

PM David Kay
Standard User
Posts: 273
How does one post pictures to this site?
David Kay
7th Mar 2022 08:48:26

It took me a while to figure out too. Now I save the photograph to my website first, use that to copy the url and then paste that into the box on the image section of the post.

What I'm not certain of is whether that posting then keeps a copy of the image or whether it goes back to the original source each time.


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
How does one post pictures to this site?
peter
7th Mar 2022 09:31:59

It links to the original source URL.  We don't store the images on our server.


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM kwoolard
Standard User
Posts: 2
How does one post pictures to this site?
kwoolard
1st Jun 2022 09:52:37

Been trying to post pictures for an hour now - not confident this is going to work ...


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
How does one post pictures to this site?
dourpuritan
1st Jun 2022 01:39:27

You have found how to post the picture but you appear not to have set the size, hence the warping. I set my pictures to 500x365 - see above.


A little goes a long way

PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
How does one post pictures to this site?
peter
13th Jan 2023 09:12:14

@kwoolard.  What is the URL of the image that you are trying to post?

 


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer