> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW)
TOPIC: To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW)
PM ChrisBBB
Standard User
Posts: 188
To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW)
ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024 11:11:13

I am not usually very keen on C18 linear warfare as it is generally much more limited and less interesting to me than my preferred C19 battles. However, this week I thoroughly enjoyed my first ever excursion to the Great Northern War – a truly exhilarating game of the battle of Kliszow (with Baccus armies, obvs). Full report here.


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW)
dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024 09:08:04

That looked impresive, especially the Polish hussars.


A little goes a long way

PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW)
njt236
28th Apr 2024 05:27:16

Looking good. I love Polish Winged Hussars. But not in the way your thinking


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW)
peter
29th Apr 2024 08:27:34

Let's see...

  • Great Northern War
  • 6mm figures
  • Winged Hussars
  • Swedish Cavalry
  • A tense and involved game

Seriously, what is there not to like?

 


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM MattiT
Standard User
Posts: 29
To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW)
MattiT
29th Apr 2024 11:57:06

Kliszow is probably my favourite battle from the Great Northern War to set up, an attack-defence game with a nice bit of variance in units and clear tactical avenues for the players to take regardless of the game system used. 


PM ChrisBBB
Standard User
Posts: 188
To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW)
ChrisBBB
3rd May 2024 09:16:29

Pete, we just need you to make proper Swedish figures in their traditional horned tricornes.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer