> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > 6mm Forlorn Hope
TOPIC: 6mm Forlorn Hope
PM King Gerbil
Standard User
Posts: 1
6mm Forlorn Hope
King Gerbil
18th Mar 2025 08:54:03

I’ve always liked the Forlorn Hope rules and used to use 15mm figures. Even then there were never enough figures and it still looked like a fight outside a pub.

After being inspired by the rather awesome 6mm ECW on Grymauch’s wargame blog I decided to get a 6mm Forlorn Hope army. Each base is 3cm x 3cm and holds 12 infantry or 3 cavalry.

The photo shows both armies for the battle of Wigan Lane (no pie left behind).

This photo shows most of a large regiment advancing towards the enemy.

 

 

 


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
6mm Forlorn Hope
dourpuritan
20th Mar 2025 10:18:22

Pretty spectacular I would say.


A little goes a long way

PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
6mm Forlorn Hope
peter
21st Mar 2025 12:04:36

NIce to know that someone is still using FH.   Not bad for a set of rules first published in the early 1980s.

This is a great way to use 6mm - just swap out a single 28mm figure with a base full of 6mms covering the same area.   The end result gives you some spectacular units and armies.

 


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer