> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > 1812 and on Russians
TOPIC: 1812 and on Russians
PM lekw
Standard User
Posts: 27
1812 and on Russians
lekw
29th Mar 2025 04:29:15

A few pictures of the lovely 1812-up Russians from the Napoleonic range. Just my humble contribution. 

https://thelostvoltigeur.blogspot.com/


PM jwsleser
Standard User
Posts: 46
1812 and on Russians
jwsleser
30th Mar 2025 12:31:20

Wow, that army certainly looks great. The advantages of 6mm in full display.

I want to build a Prussian 1806 army (my first wargame army from decades ago), but need to convince some of my wargaming buddies to jump into the water. 


PM Pikeman65
Standard User
Posts: 6
1812 and on Russians
Pikeman65
30th Mar 2025 12:39:58

They look great!

I have a similar approach Lekw who buys more figures only after clearing a good portion of his backlog.

I managed to complete some ancient Greeks, Egyptians and ACW and treated myself to the Ravenfeast packs. Completed the vikings so Normans and Saxons to finish. 

Next need to complete my WW2 forces before I can start the madness of My Napoleonic journey.

If I can figure out how to post I will let you all see my efforts

 


PM lekw
Standard User
Posts: 27
1812 and on Russians
lekw
30th Mar 2025 10:09:08

Thank you all for the kind words!!! I have 1806 Prussians in the pile and promise to get to them and put on the blog at some point. Lovely Baccus figures. Enjoy the blog and thanks again for the feedback!!!


PM jon1066
Standard User
Posts: 101
1812 and on Russians
jon1066
31st Mar 2025 08:50:00

Look great.  I am intrigued by the type of gamer who paints the caissons before the guns.  They are usually the type of thing that gets added at the end when one is out of stuff to paint!


PM lekw
Standard User
Posts: 27
1812 and on Russians
lekw
31st Mar 2025 10:00:59

Thank you so much!!! For some reason in 6mm I love painting caissons and limbers from Baccus because they are easy to put together and are details you don't get for an army in larger scales. I think it really is one of those cool things you can do in 6mm. I actually have the guns on the painting sticks for this week so they should be on the blog in the next update.  


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer