> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Baccus in action at Warfare 2025
TOPIC: Baccus in action at Warfare 2025
PM ChrisBBB
Standard User
Posts: 188
Baccus in action at Warfare 2025
ChrisBBB
17th Nov 2025 11:41:28

We used Baccus Napoleonics in our participation game at Warfare 2025: Sagunto (1811), from the Peninsular War. Photo-AAR on the BBBBlog here.


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Baccus in action at Warfare 2025
dourpuritan
18th Nov 2025 11:04:39

Interesting looking game. Although I have commented on the blog, I shall also comment here, juste en case, as I have British and French Baccus Peninsular armies languishing in a mostly unpainted state. I notice the figures are based up on either 20mm or 25mm square bases. Were I to use 20mm, would it be feasible to bathtub such games on a 5x3 table?


A little goes a long way

PM ChrisBBB
Standard User
Posts: 188
Baccus in action at Warfare 2025
ChrisBBB
18th Nov 2025 07:47:18

Thanks, Andy. As I have now replied on the blog:

Yes, they are 1"x1" bases.

All the ranges and movement distances in BBB are in 3" increments. If you were to change that to 20mm per inch, the standard 6'x4' table (1800x1200) would shrink to 1440x960. That's near enough 5'x3'.

As for troop basing, that's less critical. Some BBB players use bases that are a little over- or undersize in one or other dimension. Some just use two 40x20 bases per unit, regardless of how many stands it nominally has, and use dice to keep track of strength. Some use a single diorama base per unit, track strength with dice, and use an additional blank base to show formations other than simple Line. I'm sure you could make your existing collection work. Or base those unpainted Peninsular figures on 20x20 ...


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer