> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Ordered my first lot of SYW from Mersey Wargames
TOPIC: Ordered my first lot of SYW from Mersey Wargames
PM andrewbruce1967
Standard User
Posts: 3
Ordered my first lot of SYW from Mersey Wargames
andrewbruce1967
6th Apr 2026 07:55:46

Hi all,

Just put in my first order with Mersey Wargames for some Seven Years War bits. I’m planning on using Black Powder for the ruleset, but adapting it for 6mm scale.

I’m curious how others on here handle Black Powder units in 6mm:

On the Workbench – Austrian Army 26th Mar 2026

On the Workbench – Austrian Army 26th Mar 2026

On the Workbench – Prussian Army 26th Mar 2026

On the Workbench – Prussian Army 26th Mar 2026

On the Workbench – Bits & Bobs 28th Mar 2026

On the Workbench – Bits & Bobs 28th Mar 2026

On the Workbench – Baccus Reinforcements 28th Mar 2026

Cheers Andy


 Read the Blog Here: https://muskets-and-magnification.blogspot.com/  

 

 

 

 

PM mollinary
Standard User
Posts: 24
Ordered my first lot of SYW from Mersey Wargames
mollinary
7th Apr 2026 05:44:25

Before you go for the old trope of "Hungarian" colours and "German" colours I suggest you go to the superb Kronoskaf SYW site and look up the Austrian army. You will see the situation is a bit more complicated! 


Mollinary

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
Ordered my first lot of SYW from Mersey Wargames
Whirlwind
8th Apr 2026 03:38:25

I don't play SYW or Black Powder very much, but I do play WSS and Napoleonics. My figures are based like yours in the picture, so when I am playing with rules which require physical formation changes, I typically use single figures based on round or arrow bases to indicate by position which formation a base is in, if that is necessary. Occasionally, if the battle is small, I use multiple bases for a unit - two bases typically works fine.

I think it is worth looking at this blog for a gamer who plays Napoleonics with General de Brigade (which uses somewhat similar concepts for formation) and this blog for a variety of troops for Black Powder itself, for approaches using a smaller number of figures on smaller bases..


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer