> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Some more FPW Prussians
TOPIC: Some more FPW Prussians
PM Midnight Studio
Standard User
Posts: 4
Some more FPW Prussians
Midnight Studio
3rd Nov 2015 06:18:21

Hi everyone, I'm new here, only having just joined the forum, so its with some trepidation that I show you my 6mm painting:

These Prussians are based for the '1870' ruleset. Constructive criticism of my painting and photographs most welcome. Cheers, Midnight Studio (http://midnightinthestudio.blogspot.co.uk)

 

 

 

 


PM ithoriel
Standard User
Posts: 63
Some more FPW Prussians
ithoriel
4th Nov 2015 03:39:49

Very nice indeed.

Not my period (about 4000 years too late!)  but they look good to me.


Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Some more FPW Prussians
dourpuritan
4th Nov 2015 07:57:42

Definitely my period. I particularly like the thick skirmish line in front of the more closely packed troops. Tried 1870 but found the scale of the battles too unwieldy. I now use Bloody Big Battles, which accommodates even the likes of Mars la Tour on a 6'x4'.


A little goes a long way

PM Midnight Studio
Standard User
Posts: 4
Some more FPW Prussians
Midnight Studio
4th Nov 2015 11:20:08

Thanks everyone. I know what you mean about the '1870' rules. And my regular gaming friends complained it played too much like 'simulation' as opposed to a game, although that suits my tastes. I've had a quick flick through Bloody Big Battles, but never played it.

 


Email Paul OG PM Paul OG
Standard User
Posts: 4
Some more FPW Prussians
Paul OG
4th Nov 2015 10:55:54

No trepidation required, those are gorgeous.

I've wanted to do FPW for a long time and have no doubt that one day I will (currently in the depth of a 6mm ECW project).  When I do I hope they out as nicely as yours.


Paul

http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au

http://declaresir.blogspot.com

 

PM 6mmwargaming
Standard User
Posts: 145
Some more FPW Prussians
6mmwargaming
8th Nov 2015 01:21:42

Very nice work on those. I'm also painting some Prussians for the 1870 rules but have yet to try them. I like how you based your skirmishers.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer