> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > First Try: Napoleonic French
TOPIC: First Try: Napoleonic French
PM oppi
Standard User
Posts: 27
First Try: Napoleonic French
oppi
26th Feb 2016 03:32:53

Here are my very first painted 6mm figures ever. In fact im not a experienced miniature painter, only did some boardgame stuff with rather cheap colors. For Baccus i bought regular Miniatur paint and i hope to start my FPW Project next week. These Napoleonics were just a test run :)

I might switch to white Primer though, since i can see the details better. Cheers

http://imgur.com/a/srvdT

 

BTW: Lovely miniatures and Buildings to paint !


PM Gunnar
Standard User
Posts: 38
First Try: Napoleonic French
Gunnar
26th Feb 2016 06:11:35

Looking good!

The basing is also great, in 6mm it's an extremely important part of the overall look and you've got a good thing going here. 

Best of luck with your project!

 


PM adam west
Standard User
Posts: 28
First Try: Napoleonic French
adam west
26th Feb 2016 06:28:13

Excellent! They dont look like a first attempt! looking forward to seeing your FPW miniatures.


PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
First Try: Napoleonic French
njt236
26th Feb 2016 07:04:21

That's pretty good

 


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Posts: 406
First Try: Napoleonic French
Glenn Pearce
26th Feb 2016 07:44:45

Hello oppi!

Good stuff, you nailed it right out of the gate. Well done.

I used black primer for years and found it worked fine if I was only doing a fast paint job with few details and dark uniforms. If I wanted to be able to see the details better or were using bright colours then I used a white primer. After a while I realized that black primer was making even the dark colours too dark and the whites were never really white. I now use white for everything and all of the figures look a little brighter. You need all the help you can get to make colours stand out when painting 6mm figures.

Best regards,

Glenn

 

 

 

 


PM oppi
Standard User
Posts: 27
First Try: Napoleonic French
oppi
26th Feb 2016 10:25:46

Thank you for your kind words !

The bad camera really helps my figures to shine :) The basing system from Baccus is superb, so not really hard to do. I can´t wait to get my FPW starter pack, should arrive in 2-3 days. Until then i need make some more homemade Terrain :)

 

@Glenn

I think i will use white primer for my big project. I´ll post some result as soon as i have some

 

Cheers


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer