> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > How Fast Is Painting 6mm Really?
TOPIC: How Fast Is Painting 6mm Really?
PM Leftblank
Standard User
Posts: 51
How Fast Is Painting 6mm Really?
Leftblank
12th Apr 2016 12:47:05

Busy with painting for Blücher. Watched the clock to be able to compare this project with an earlier 15mm speedpainting project. I wrote a paint blog with pictures, here.


http://amsterdam6shooters.nl 

"The tin soldier melted down into a lump, and the next morning, when the maid servant took the ashes out of the stove, she found him in the shape of a little tin heart." - Hans Christiaan Andersen - The Brave Tin Soldier

PM hangarflying
Standard User
Posts: 16
How Fast Is Painting 6mm Really?
hangarflying
12th Apr 2016 07:19:16

In the very short amount of time that I have been painting 6mm, I have come to the conclusion that painting 6mm is a lot like watching Bob Ross paint one of his pictures: up close and in progress, it just looks like a jumbled mess of crap, but you get to the point where you're adding those last few finishing touches, and the magic spell is completed, and a jumbled smudge of vari-colored crap looks like a miniature happy little soldier.


PM cardophillipo
Standard User
Posts: 4
How Fast Is Painting 6mm Really?
cardophillipo
12th Apr 2016 09:56:19

Too true, just done my first unit of French 1914 Cavalry (Cuirassiers) and all the time I was painting them I was thinking not sure if these will look any good but when they were finished I was really pleased with them.

Cheers

Richard P


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
How Fast Is Painting 6mm Really?
dourpuritan
13th Apr 2016 06:24:39

I speed paint by using white undercoat, bright colours and then a wash of Army painter ink.


A little goes a long way

PM tdumontelle
Standard User
Posts: 20
How Fast Is Painting 6mm Really?
tdumontelle
17th Apr 2016 02:55:20

I too am painting for Blucher.  I did a test unit of infantry and cavalry and it took about 4 2 hour sessions.  I completed the French starter box in about a week and a half.   I am currently painting a 300+ point Russian force and I find that I can paint any part (jacket, pack, musket, horse) in an assembly line and it takes about 3, 1 hour sessions.  And that is about 30 infantry units, 20 cavalry units and Artillery. I mount my strips to popscicle sticks - 5 infantry strips to a stick.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer