> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > 16th C. Ships with Baccus Crew
TOPIC: 16th C. Ships with Baccus Crew
PM MykeCole
Standard User
Posts: 52
16th C. Ships with Baccus Crew
MykeCole
10th Sep 2016 03:12:34

Hey all, I mentioned in the Other Rules section that I was getting into Skull and Crown's Galleys, Guns and Glory, which wargames the golden age of the Late Rennaisance war galley. I know that Irregular makes Rennaisance period figures, but what can I say, I'm a Baccus loyalist. Since the ships are at 1/300 scale, I figured I'd do some conversions on Baccus' 17th - 18th C. ranges to crew them and I wanted to share the results.

Here's a Venetian Galleas and an Ottoman Galley, both followed by the Fustas (that serve to hold that dice that indicate hull points). 

Here's a closeup of the Ottoman Galley. You can see I've converted Levantine Infantry to serve as the Turkish crew.

Here's a closeup of the Venetian Galleas. I converted some of the ECW figures to turn them into republic sea dogs.

Anyway, thought it was fun, and a little different from what you usually see on here. Hope you like it.


PM rsjahn
Standard User
Posts: 185
16th C. Ships with Baccus Crew
rsjahn
10th Sep 2016 06:13:56

Hi Myke,

very nice and well done, I really like the combination of 1/300 ships and figures. But you will need a very large table...

Ralf


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer