> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > later Great War French
TOPIC: later Great War French
PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Posts: 186
later Great War French
pushing.tin
26th Dec 2016 09:40:31

Final found some time to base up some Great War French in horizon blue

http://pushingtinwargames.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/great-war-french-in-horizon-blue.html


PM adam west
Standard User
Posts: 28
later Great War French
adam west
13th Jan 2017 11:04:05

Awesome work I love your battle reports the terrain and miniatures are top notch. I can't wait for the eastern front, I'll be getting the Austro-hungarians, I wonder if Peter will sculpt a lot of them with there hands up! Out of interest how long does a battle take you?


PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Posts: 186
later Great War French
pushing.tin
14th Jan 2017 09:14:50

It depends on the size of the forces, the number of people playing and the number of turns. We managed the Somme scenario in the rules, restricting it to 10 turns, in around 6 hours with three people. Flers, with a three Division Corps on the table from the start and 14 turns, took around 10 hours, again with three people. I think the ideal is at least one person per division. 

I too am very much looking forward to the Eastern Front, and Middle East.


PM shawnt63
Standard User
Posts: 9
later Great War French
shawnt63
17th Jan 2017 02:08:01

Beautiful figures indeed! Once you get used to the rules and how to set things up you can run a game in about 4 to 5 hours for a Division/Corps event (with experienced players). But that is dependent on the time frame as well. If you are using GWSHII (I had assumed that but want to be clear that is what I am talking about) when you are talking trench warfare 1916/17 early 18, then the game gets a bit longer due to the artillery allocation etc, my son find GWSH II trench warfare to be the most intense miniature game that he plays. In any case, I would agree that 6 hours is a reasonable amount of time for most games that are in the scenario books. You can fight to a conclusion easily for most of them with a six hour playing window.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer