> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > The Men who Would be Kings - Colonial 6mm
TOPIC: The Men who Would be Kings - Colonial 6mm
PM Stenbock
Standard User
Posts: 165
The Men who Would be Kings - Colonial 6mm
Stenbock
26th Feb 2017 03:30:43

Another diversion, but I could not resist doing some Colonial Stuff and wanted to try the Men Who Would be Kings rules. What scale to use for a Skirmish rule? Well, 6mm of course! Hope this is of some interest, the link to the pictures on my blog is here.  All the best.

 

 

 

 

 


Stenbock / Per Broden

Check out my blog with some 6mm diversions - Roll a One

 

 

 

PM Stenbock
Standard User
Posts: 165
The Men who Would be Kings - Colonial 6mm
Stenbock
5th Mar 2017 11:00:14

And the Zulus! here.


Stenbock / Per Broden

Check out my blog with some 6mm diversions - Roll a One

 

 

 

PM Stenbock
Standard User
Posts: 165
The Men who Would be Kings - Colonial 6mm
Stenbock
19th Mar 2017 10:24:16

We had a little trial game of the Men Who Would Be King rules using the forces done to date. Great little game. Read more about it here https://rollaone.com/2017/03/19/the-zulus-who-would-be-shakas-our-first-game-of-the-men-who-would-be-kings-rules/

 


Stenbock / Per Broden

Check out my blog with some 6mm diversions - Roll a One

 

 

 

PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
The Men who Would be Kings - Colonial 6mm
njt236
19th Mar 2017 11:58:56

That name generator is brilliant. I can name all 4,500 zulus now for my Rorkes Drift project.

Never tried skirmish in 6mm before. I might just give those rules a try after reading that. What base sizes were you using??


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

PM Stenbock
Standard User
Posts: 165
The Men who Would be Kings - Colonial 6mm
Stenbock
20th Mar 2017 09:37:30

6mm skirmsh is like this, order the figures on a Monday, read up on the rules on Tuesday, Basecoat on Wednesday (well perhaps a little bit too enthusiastic!), Paint the first side on Thursday, paint the other on Friday and then play it on Saturday. Is that not some kind of famous song?  

I loved the name generator too - we came across it when we had a little browse with the Little One to educate ourselves on the background of the Zulu empire. If you go here (I talk about basing the British) and here (about the Zulus, note the big bases with 4 are on 25mm washers). 

 

 


Stenbock / Per Broden

Check out my blog with some 6mm diversions - Roll a One

 

 

 

PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
The Men who Would be Kings - Colonial 6mm
njt236
20th Mar 2017 10:06:10

I have the British and Zulus painted anyway. Just a matter of rebasing some to play these rules.Being a bit lazy I should have read your other posts on your blog on basing.


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer