> Forums
Reply
12
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Now I see the detail!
TOPIC: Now I see the detail!
PM Munds3
Standard User
Posts: 21
Now I see the detail!
Munds3
5th Aug 2017 02:18:46

Test painting some 1805 Russians the army painter way.  This is skeletal bone primer then soft tone.  You see the detail clearly and it's AMAZING!  **Updated with photos, figured out with web help on how to use image shack to host.  Sorry for learning curve!!***


PM Munds3
Standard User
Posts: 21
Now I see the detail!
Munds3
5th Aug 2017 02:24:17


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Now I see the detail!
dourpuritan
6th Aug 2017 07:35:05

All I can see is a little blue square with a question mark in it.


A little goes a long way

PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
Now I see the detail!
njt236
6th Aug 2017 01:04:20

I see no detail. !!!!


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

PM Munds3
Standard User
Posts: 21
Now I see the detail!
Munds3
6th Aug 2017 04:10:23

Wondering if I'm waiting for moderator approval.  Also might need some instructions!


PM Munds3
Standard User
Posts: 21
Now I see the detail!
Munds3
8th Aug 2017 04:32:00

Making progress....and figured how to post pics through image shack.  My hand is not super steady, but I think they are turning out ok.  These need more work:  cuffs and color, musket stock and barrel, dots for brass... then maybe a light soft tone wash to finish.  Comments?  

 

 


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Now I see the detail!
dourpuritan
8th Aug 2017 08:21:08

Detail has now appeared and very nice it is too.


A little goes a long way

PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
Now I see the detail!
njt236
8th Aug 2017 02:37:31

I see the detail


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Now I see the detail!
dourpuritan
8th Aug 2017 03:52:36

I picked this up on the forum about faces - black or brown first coat then a dab of flesh on the nose, chin, cheekbones, ears (if visible). The wash in soft tone should work well.


A little goes a long way

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Posts: 406
Now I see the detail!
Glenn Pearce
9th Aug 2017 12:38:21

Hello Munds3!

Fabulous start, good stuff.

I paint from the bottom up and then from the inside out. It allows you to position your brush better and straighten your lines/cuts as you move up and out. For example in order I paint boots, pants, coats, belts, collars, face, hair, hats, musket, roll, backpack, the rest is easy.

Best regards,

Glenn


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer