> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > Subject
TOPIC: Subject
PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Posts: 186
Great War British Cavalry 16-18
pushing.tin
18th Dec 2017 09:30:50

Some British Great War cavalry I've just finished for an impending Cambrai scenario 

https://pushingtinwargames.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/great-war-british-cavalry-1916-18.html

 


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Sbject
dourpuritan
19th Dec 2017 05:03:48

What  great looking table and figures.


A little goes a long way

PM rsjahn
Standard User
Posts: 185
cavalry
rsjahn
19th Dec 2017 08:42:49

Very nice, as usual!

I'm toying with the idea to make an early war british cavalry division to be a bit out of the trenches..., By the way, I followed your example and have redone my barbed wire with plumbing wire, looks really much more realistic.


PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Posts: 186
Great War British Cavalry
pushing.tin
19th Dec 2017 09:24:53

Thanks, and glad the tip about the wire was useful. 

I have early war French and German cavalry divisons on the back burner, I also have an early war British cavalry brigade lurking somewhere that has yet to see action! I feel these later boys with the tin hats may be of more use in 1918 when things finally get a bit more mobile again.

The stands with pack mules represent mounted machine gunner stands. I was considering representing 'mounted' engineers as a wagon (or similar).


PM rsjahn
Standard User
Posts: 185
mules
rsjahn
20th Dec 2017 07:57:23

Oh, I have overlooked the mules, very nice idea! I will copy it... ;-)


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer