Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Modelling and Conversions > FKOE Basing Question
TOPIC: FKOE Basing Question
PM Brad1971
Standard User
FKOE Basing Question
Brad1971
20th Dec 2022 12:58:28

So in addition to Polemos whenever that gets out for 7 years war I really enjoy playing For King or Emperous by First Command Wargames.   However the bases are usually for 10mm figures on 40mm wide bases.  I was looking at the strips and it seems to me that 2 strips is a bit to wide for a 40mm base.   Do you guys fit 2 strips side by side on a 40mm base and I am just missing something?    

I like the idea of 40mm wide bases but I guess I can just play the game with 60mm wide bases and then use it for polemos as well when it comes out.  I guess I just ansswered my own question.    But I have seen people talk about 40mm wide bases so my question is do you cut figures off the strips or just use 4 figures wide?

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
FKOE Basing Question
dourpuritan
20th Dec 2022 09:42:00

I have FKoE and 10mm armies, but my basing is the 25mm square, so I just use two bases per unit. Re 6mm Baccus figures, have you considered using the type of sprue clippers Baccus sells specifically for separating figures from their strips. I have found that they work perfectly well for separating Baccus sprues. It is one of the reasons I changed to Baccus from Irregular, as separaring those thick Irregular bases is very difficult. Sprue clippers make the Baccus figures far more versatile.

A little goes a long way

PM Brad1971
Standard User
FKOE Basing Question
Brad1971
20th Dec 2022 05:39:20

I have hobby clippers and have used them to cut old glory 10mm figure strips but they didnt look right.  I will have a go with what I have and if Baccus clippers are needed then that is what I shall acquire!   Thanks for the info sir.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by MattiT
29th Apr 2024

Price rise and the Golden Ticket by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS