Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Modelling and Conversions > Game of Thrones
TOPIC: Game of Thrones
PM zakmaddison
Standard User
Game of Thrones
zakmaddison
5th Jun 2017 09:19:34

Hi all,

Just thought i'd tell you about my new project (since buying at Partizan!) I have started a Game of Thrones-style army - and of course, that meant I had to start doing the Stark Army first. I have a bit of a question though - where could I get a direwolf from?

Of course they're much bigger than wolves or dogs, so I was thinking maybe larger scale, but I don't know? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Also... I don't know how to upload pictures on here... as i'd like some feedback.

PM chopperboydan
Standard User
Game of Thrones
chopperboydan
6th Jun 2017 03:52:21

Sounds like a fun project, Copplestone castings do some very nice 10mm wolves which may be what your looking for?

cheers Dan

USUTHU!

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Game of Thrones
dourpuritan
7th Jun 2017 03:07:19

Pendraken have a range of 10mm dogs.

A little goes a long way

PM njt236
Standard User
Game of Thrones
njt236
7th Jun 2017 03:52:57

Irregular Miniatures do a pack of 5 wolves in thir 6mm Fantasy range

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM zakmaddison
Standard User
Game of Thrones
zakmaddison
7th Jun 2017 06:34:50

Excellent, thanks all!

I have ordered some of each, to see which looks best.

PM njt236
Standard User
Game of Thrones
njt236
7th Jun 2017 10:26:36

Perfect Six do a pack of 6 6mm wolves.

Irregular also do a Conquistador handler and 4 war dogs (CM19) in their 6mm Conquest of Mexico range. I knew I'd seen them somewhere but couldn't remember where.

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM njt236
Standard User
Game of Thrones
njt236
9th Jun 2017 03:50:11

Bumped this in case you missed it Zak

G S Patton

PM zakmaddison
Standard User
Game of Thrones
zakmaddison
9th Jun 2017 04:11:04

Thanks ever so much. I ordered these too, so we shall see which ones end up looking the best! 

PM njt236
Standard User
Game of Thrones
njt236
9th Jun 2017 06:19:01

Let us know.

G S Patton

PM zakmaddison
Standard User
Game of Thrones
zakmaddison
9th Jun 2017 06:45:59

Will do, thanks.

I've also set up a new blog, which will hopefully track the progress. Feel free to take a look, and please give any feedback.

http://anymoregeek.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks, Zak.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass