Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Painting Questions > Napoleonic fig's
TOPIC: Napoleonic fig's
PM Kurkdiver
Standard User
Napoleonic fig's
Kurkdiver
16th Feb 2023 01:31:13

3 Questions

1)  does everyone use french foot artillery fig's for horse artillery units? what's the differnce between the two uniforms?

2) same question or Wurtenburg Artillery

3) I see in the the french III Corps Borodino OOB there is a Wurtenburg King's Chasseur regiment. what cav fig's would one use to represent that unit? I see in the catalog there is only Wurtenburg Chevauleger cavalry fig's

Thanks in advance for all suggestions and guidance!!!!!

Peter:

Recieved order #21593. All Came in great shape, no damaged fig's !!! However order was missing Foundation Wash BBSW x` 1

Thanks

Dan Kurkimilis

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Napoleonic fig's
Glenn Pearce
17th Feb 2023 12:06:06

Hello Dan!

1) Yes, the same figures are used for both foot and horse. In 1812 there was no real difference in 6mm. Some people however put a large red plume on their horse artillery that was worn in previous years. 

2) Wurttemberg horse artillery wore a large white plume on their helmets. The line did not wear a plume.

3) I only know that Wurttemberg in 1812 had the Guard Cavalry Regt, 1 Regt of Dragoons, 2 Regiments of Chass. and 2 Regiments of Chevauleger. I believe they all wore similar uniforms and helments. I don't think the Guards went to Russia. So you get 5 Regts in the Baccus bag. To utilze the bag I'm having all 5 painted for me. If you do the same you just pick one (unless you find out one of them was called the "Kings Chass") and you have at least used all of your figures for perhaps a future battle!

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Glenn 

PM Kurkdiver
Standard User
Napoleonic fig's
Kurkdiver
17th Feb 2023 01:53:32

Thanks Glenn, Should have thought to just PM you lol

Peter:

Recieved order #21593. All Came in great shape, no damaged fig's !!! However order was missing Foundation Wash BBSW x` 1

Thanks

Dan Kurkimilis

LATEST FORUM POSTS

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD