Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Painting Questions > Subject
TOPIC: Subject
PM njt236
Standard User
Subject
njt236
12th Jun 2017 10:08:49

What is a good Vallejo shade for WWI French Horizon Blue please???

Nigel

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM rsjahn
Standard User
colour french
rsjahn
13th Jun 2017 08:09:37

I have used 70.901 pastel blue. Its a bit on the grey side, and I find it more 'trenchy' then a bright light-blue

PM njt236
Standard User
French WWI
njt236
13th Jun 2017 01:50:52

I'll look through my trays of paints. I may have that one anyway, thanks

PS

Have looked through my paints and Pastel Blue is about the only Vallejo blue I haven't got

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM njt236
Standard User
Horizon Blue
njt236
13th Jun 2017 06:59:43

I was looking through my paints and thought Vallejo 943 Grey Blue might be a good shade. Have since found these from AK Interactive from Spain but Scalemodels,co,uk have them in stock

I'll try the Light Grey and Greyish Blue I think

They also do WWI British and German

G S Patton

PM njt236
Standard User
Horizon blue
njt236
13th Jun 2017 08:36:28

OOPS. Just realised. I have an order in for Early War British and German but I don't have any French. What a mistaka to maka as Captain Bertorelli would say even though he was Italian and it being the wrong war.. 

G S Patton

PM njt236
Standard User
Horizon Blue
njt236
15th Jun 2017 06:02:01

Today I recieved my order of AK WWI British, German and French uniform paints. They are exactly what I was looking for.

G S Patton

PM rsjahn
Standard User
paints
rsjahn
16th Jun 2017 05:34:11

Maybe you can show us some of the figures, when you have done some painting? I am very interested how they look when used on 6mm figs. Its always different...

PM njt236
Standard User
horizon blue
njt236
16th Jun 2017 08:37:04

Will post some photos. Waiting for my order of British and German to arrive. Have yet to order the French

G S Patton

PM njt236
Standard User
horizon blue
njt236
22nd Jun 2017 03:35:06

French ordered. Just a matter of waiting for both orders now. 

G S Patton

PM rsjahn
Standard User
waiting..
rsjahn
23rd Jun 2017 03:04:38

Yes, waiting, I hate it ;-)

LATEST FORUM POSTS

6mm basing sand issue by Darren redstar
27th Mar 2024

New nomads by peter
27th Mar 2024