> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Terrain > Holland WW2 scenery instructable
TOPIC: Holland WW2 scenery instructable
PM Leftblank
Standard User
Posts: 51
Holland WW2 scenery instructable
Leftblank
23rd Sep 2018 08:26:19

I'm busy with an 'epic' 6mm Market Garden table and WW2 Holland wargames. I'm Dutch so I researched how Dutch pre-war cities looked. First part of the instructable here.

I will also write an article for WSS.


http://amsterdam6shooters.nl 

"The tin soldier melted down into a lump, and the next morning, when the maid servant took the ashes out of the stove, she found him in the shape of a little tin heart." - Hans Christiaan Andersen - The Brave Tin Soldier

PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
Holland WW2 scenery instructable
njt236
23rd Sep 2018 04:56:07

i replayed the entire operation Market Garden in 6mm some 40 years ago. It took about a year to organise with all the paperwork needed for every platoon of every company and so on. (No computers then as such). It then took about 6 months to play out.

Nigel 


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

PM chopperboydan
Standard User
Posts: 66
Holland WW2 scenery instructable
chopperboydan
24th Sep 2018 10:44:43

Just about to start on my 6mm Market Garden Project :) Hope to have it ready for the anniversary of the battle next year

 


USUTHU!

PM DAB
Standard User
Posts: 2
Holland WW2 scenery instructable
DAB
13th Oct 2019 10:44:24

I’m currently working on a 6mm Market Garden game, mine will be set on the 20th September around Oosterbeek and the Hartenstein Hotel.. if I can work out how to load pictures on this site I will post some. ​


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer