> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Terrain > American Fences
TOPIC: American Fences
PM jenkinsdka
Standard User
Posts: 1
American Fences
jenkinsdka
4th Oct 2019 02:01:48

Hey guys,

Not sure if you have seen some of the 3D fences and corn fields that I modeled up for my civil war games but I think they turned out pretty nice. They are available for free download on thingiverse. You might not have a 3D resin printer but you might have a friend who does. It doesn't take long to print up a mess of them to use on the table. I am sure that they easily work for other periods especially in the Americas. I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture here so I have included a link to the my thingiverse page as well as a youtube video that shows of the terrain. 

hope you can find it useful.

https://www.thingiverse.com/Projectwargaming/about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLjNdecF5ck&t=11s


PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
American Fences
Whirlwind
4th Oct 2019 04:39:17


Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
Posts: 505
American Fences
LEmpereur
4th Oct 2019 06:56:07

Thanks for info !

:-)

Is any one use the snake fence and stone and rail on's from Total Battle Miniatures ?

Look prewty good on the pictures but if you bought it, what do you think about it ?

Best

 

 


L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM Glorfindel
Standard User
Posts: 20
American Fences
Glorfindel
4th Oct 2019 10:05:38

Those fences are beautiful things !   Thank you for uploading them.   My son has recently bought one of these 3D thingimabobs and I am amazed at the quality and delicacy of the output.   I must admit that I had a bash at making my own 6mm snake fence a few weeks ago using that well known building material... spaghetti !   I 'borrowed' this idea off Per Broden and his superb 'roll a one' website.  After suspending disbelief, I gave it a try and it worked like a dream.   Fantastic stuff.   It does need a steady hand but, when completed, looks great and is rock solid.

 

 

 


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
American Fences
dourpuritan
4th Oct 2019 11:42:02

I have had some of the snake fences from TBM. they are very nice indeed.


A little goes a long way

PM Rakkasan
Standard User
Posts: 48
American Fences
Rakkasan
9th Oct 2019 01:55:50

I have 6mm snake fences from Total Battle Miniatures and Irregular.  They are both very nice.  I also have the 6mm fences from Paper Terrain and they look nice too.  A bit fiddly to put together but given the amount of fencing needed for some scenarios, a nice inexpensive option.


PM chopperboydan
Standard User
Posts: 66
American Fences
chopperboydan
9th Oct 2019 07:13:52

be sure to check out GM Boardgames, they have some lovely snake fences :)

http://www.gmboardgames.com/

 

cheers Dan


USUTHU!

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
Posts: 505
American Fences
LEmpereur
10th Oct 2019 03:19:11

Thanks for answer!

:-)


L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer