> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Terrain > pico Roman building
TOPIC: pico Roman building
PM barcah2001
Standard User
Posts: 26
pico Roman building
barcah2001
19th Jun 2021 11:42:41

PIco has agood selection of Roman buildings and forts---but they are listed as 2nm. Has anyone used them with Baccus figures?


PM monk2002uk
Standard User
Posts: 236
pico Roman building
monk2002uk
20th Jun 2021 06:28:41

Not the Roman building and forts but I have used the North African fort for WW1 Mesopotamia. My preference is for 3mm buildings rather than 2mm though, FWIIW. It is a personal preference thing, so maybe just get one example to see what you think?

Robert


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
pico Roman building
dourpuritan
20th Jun 2021 08:56:34

I have used 3mm buildings by TBM with 6mm Franco-Prussian troops. They work very well.


A little goes a long way

PM barcah2001
Standard User
Posts: 26
pico R building
barcah2001
20th Jun 2021 10:13:02

Thank you. I have used the 3mm buildings for FPW too and they are fine. I'm frustrated that it's 2mm.


PM barcah2001
Standard User
Posts: 26
pico Roman building
barcah2001
20th Jun 2021 01:03:29

I liked the 2/3mm as I envisioned using at least a partial city, without breaking the bank. I'm going to try a few of the free Age of Hannibal paper buildings to see how hard they are to make.


PM barcah2001
Standard User
Posts: 26
pico Roman building
barcah2001
20th Jun 2021 03:22:57

Hmmm, the age of Hannibal buildings are easy to put together. Think I'll work with those for now.


PM monk2002uk
Standard User
Posts: 236
pico Roman building
monk2002uk
21st Jun 2021 06:43:15

PaperTerrain has nice sets of 3mm buildings but not for this period:

https://www.paperterrain.com/3mm-products

Robert


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer