> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Terrain > Field Dimensions
TOPIC: Field Dimensions
PM Lexi
Standard User
Posts: 1
Field Dimensions
Lexi
9th Oct 2022 02:43:04

Hi, I'm putting together some field tospruce up my Napoleonic battlefield, but I'm not sure of the scale. What size should I be aiming for? Cheetrs.


PM jon1066
Standard User
Posts: 101
Field Dimensions
jon1066
10th Oct 2022 01:42:53

Fields could be quite large or teeny tiny depending upon the location.  Also depends on your ground scale and board size.  I'd go for something that makes sense with your rule set and what you are trying to achieve with the fields.  If they are purely visual then "what looks good"  should be your maxim.   Having said that anything large than 12" will become unwieldy and smaller than 4-6" will be too fiddly so I would go for something between those two.  If your area did have small fields with hedges or walls between that would break up your formations (eg a Battalion in line won't fit) I would suggest modelling them as a whole and counting the area as rough ground.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer