> Forums
Reply
12
> Painting and Modelling > Terrain > Trees
TOPIC: Trees
PM David Kay
Standard User
Posts: 273
Trees
David Kay
11th Sep 2025 05:04:00

Did follow up with the tree fellas and a small wood duly arrived. A few of the trees are in the photograph below accompanied by some Romans for scale. I think they look really good and at about £1 per tree that can't be bad. Planting has commenced and they will probably feature in my next battle.

Contact details for the supplier are Bob via thetreefellas@tiscali.co.uk.


PM far4ngn
Standard User
Posts: 16
Trees
far4ngn
5th Oct 2025 06:53:00

I've used various size trees from China which are from 25-50mm, I also bought some used HO trees that were going cheap that could be used as background fillers as some are too tall.

The Chinese ones are ok, but loose flock quickly, so I always coat in PVA, then just the flock I have i.e.brown, green etc to mix the colours and create different trees.

Mine are all based on metal penny washers 25-32mm so that I can store them on magnetic sheets Or I glue gun a few together and mount on MDF.  Pendraken now do various shaped MDF that may suffice going forward.


PM David Kay
Standard User
Posts: 273
Trees
David Kay
20th Oct 2025 01:10:01

The trees were planted and the wood they created did feature in my latest battle. See the photograph in the Gallery section.


12
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer