> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Terrain > Trenches
TOPIC: Trenches
PM rsjahn
Standard User
Posts: 185
Trenches
rsjahn
28th Dec 2016 12:38:37

Hi, some trenches, and how I build them:

The base is pastic sheet (1mm) with foam (styrodur) on top (3 mm), the trenches cut out with a sharp knife. The craters are rubber seals, fixed with glue and soft tissue. You get them in a lot of diameters, and you need a lot of them.

Then I applied bird sand on the surface and into the trenches - very fine one into the trenches, a rougher one with little stones in it for the surface.

 Mud colour to your liking..

... and darker colour for the craters, a little drybrushing, green, and thats it. Cheap and easy.

And in addition my first fort, "L'Ouvrage de Froideterre" (http://fortiffsere.fr/verdun/index_fichiers/Page4551.htm)

And finally everything together:


PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
Trenches
njt236
28th Dec 2016 07:07:53

Liking it


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Trenches
dourpuritan
29th Dec 2016 09:30:33

Wow! that is remarkably effective terrain. It is so good it deserves a mottled mat underneath it. Good little artillery pummelled wood as well.


A little goes a long way

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer