> Forums
Reply
1
> Painting and Modelling > Terrain > Waterloo At Recon 2016, Orlando - FL, making the table
TOPIC: Waterloo At Recon 2016, Orlando - FL, making the table
PM Rene
Standard User
Posts: 13
Waterloo At Recon 2016, Orlando - FL, making the table
Rene
17th Oct 2017 08:50:24

Greetings 6's!

I know this happened over a year ago, but I didn't want withhold it from you!

So some 2 years ago I made a Waterloo table to be played witn the CnC Napoleonics system, much like I did that same year for the battle of Dresden - See my postings elsewhere.


I decided to use different board materials then I used for Dresden: Poster boards! And I can only advice you not to do this, as the boards will warp!

So let's see how it was done!

I used a map of the battle with contours to design my hex-board
T0.JPG

Then I used this map to make contours with the poster boards.
T1.JPG

Then I added my pushpins to create the hex grid for CnC Napoleonics
T2.JPG

Add filler to smooth the contours and make sure that structures fit
T3.JPG

Paint it some earth brown
T4.JPG

Tape in the roads
T5.JPG

Create different shades of green, so we can use to identify what is up and down hill!
Dark-green for the clear areas, Woods even darker, sandpit, some light brown gravel for towns and paint in a stream.

T6.JPG

Next level medium-green and some light-green tops...
T7.JPG

Remove the tape
T8.JPG

Fill the roads. I noted the low areas around Hougoumont were nto clear enough so gave that some extra dark accent.
T9.JPG

Add buldings and trees
TA.JPG

And test the troop deployment!
TB.JPG

Check the Gallery area for images of the Convention (Recon 2016) and actual game play!


Rene


PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
Waterloo At Recon 2016, Orlando - FL, making the table
njt236
17th Oct 2017 10:35:15

WOW


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

PM mangemani
Standard User
Posts: 137
Waterloo At Recon 2016, Orlando - FL, making the table
mangemani
23rd Oct 2017 02:03:41

very inspiring. i have allways wondered, how to get the roads right, buy them or what, but you solved that problem fr pretty good:)

whats the meassurements on this battlefield?


PM Rene
Standard User
Posts: 13
Waterloo At Recon 2016, Orlando - FL, making the table
Rene
23rd Oct 2017 10:37:53

Approximately 5000m (3miles) EW by 3000m (2miles) NS.

This makes every hex some 200-250 yards accross.

 

 


PM mangemani
Standard User
Posts: 137
Waterloo At Recon 2016, Orlando - FL, making the table
mangemani
24th Oct 2017 12:32:47

i meant in cm, how big the board is:). 


PM Rene
Standard User
Posts: 13
Waterloo At Recon 2016, Orlando - FL, making the table
Rene
24th Oct 2017 01:35:07

100 x 60 inches, so approximately 250 x 150 cm


PM mangemani
Standard User
Posts: 137
Waterloo At Recon 2016, Orlando - FL, making the table
mangemani
24th Oct 2017 10:31:28

thanks mate:)


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer