> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Other Rules > Twilight of Divine Right rules & scenarios
TOPIC: Twilight of Divine Right rules & scenarios
PM hwiccee
Standard User
Posts: 190
Twilight of Divine Right rules & scenarios
hwiccee
25th Oct 2018 07:52:11

Hi all,


I am delighted to say that after some delays the Twilight of Divine Right rules and two scenario books have been published.

The rules cover the period 1618 to 1660 and are based on the concepts of the Twilight of the Sun King Rules (http://www.wfgamers.org.uk/resources/C18/Twilight/ToSK.htm). The are specifically for fighting large battles relatively easily. One scenario book has 10 ECW historical scenarios, the other has 12 TYW historical scenarios.

More information on the Twilight of Divine Rights rules are here - http://www.wfgamers.org.uk/resources/C18/Twilight/ToDR.htm

Each is £12 or £8 if you are a member of the Pike and Shot Society and are available here (it is not listed as I write but is available and will be listed soon) - http://www.pikeandshotsociety.org/

Alternatively they can be picked up from the society stand at many events.


PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
Twilight of Divine Right rules & scenarios
Whirlwind
16th Apr 2019 05:38:59

I have been having a go with these rules recently, they have been easy to learn and given interesting games:

Fleurus

Oldendorf

Wittstock

Tornavento

Montijo


PM hwiccee
Standard User
Posts: 190
Twilight of Divine Right rules & scenarios
hwiccee
23rd May 2019 09:43:56

Here is a great battle report, not by me, with the rules - https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=117221.0&fbclid=IwAR0ETb7ZEeFwppbIEm5k5b4-z2nGiwAFzxkekIIzBf0TIBA0cMMWG6y2Oqo


PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
Posts: 208
Twilight of Divine Right rules & scenarios
Nick the Lemming
29th Jul 2019 05:00:54

I don't suppose there are any plans by the P&SS to sell these as pdfs any time soon, are there? Postage to Canada makes them just about out of reach, but a pdf would be manageable.


PM hwiccee
Standard User
Posts: 190
Twilight of Divine Right rules & scenarios
hwiccee
29th Jul 2019 06:43:15

Hi Nick,

I am in favour of making a PDF available but I am afraid I am in the minority in the society so there are no plans for this. Those of us in favour of the idea have managed to get permission to get some older rules out as PDF's. We are hoping that will be a success and pave the way to others.

We do intend to send a hard copy stock to the US which we are hoping will make an impact on the postage costs to the US. I am afraid I don't know if that will reduce the cost to Canada.


PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
Posts: 208
Twilight of Divine Right rules & scenarios
Nick the Lemming
29th Jul 2019 07:05:14

It would reduce it slightly, but postage from the US to Canada is almost as much as from the UK, sadly. I hope you let us know when the old rules are available as pdf, I would probably take a look at those, especially if that makes the appearance of Twidlet and Twiglet as pdfs more likely.


PM hwiccee
Standard User
Posts: 190
Twilight of Divine Right rules & scenarios
hwiccee
30th Jul 2019 08:38:18

OK :(

There will be announcements when the older rules are out as PDF's.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer