> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Other Rules > Podcast discussing rules
TOPIC: Podcast discussing rules
PM Grimegt
Standard User
Posts: 4
Podcast discussing rules
Grimegt
25th Jun 2020 02:14:45

Hello - I'd just thought I'd share that Peter was on our podcast (Across The Pod Wargamers) discussing various aspects of wargame rules.  If you care to have a listen, here is the link: https://www.buzzsprout.com/995263/4308314

 

 


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Podcast discussing rules
dourpuritan
25th Jun 2020 08:59:35

Thanks for that link. The way in which rules have developed over the last thirty years really interests me. I am all for streamlining and making games enjoyable to play rather than having to engage in a complex acountancy exercise. It is supposed to be a relaxing hobby and not a chore.


A little goes a long way

PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Podcast discussing rules
peter
30th Jun 2020 08:34:30

I really enjoyed doing this one.  Much as I like talking about 6mm and associated topics, rules design is a long standing love of mine and a great subject on which to waffle and obfuscate.


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
Podcast discussing rules
Whirlwind
30th Jun 2020 05:45:30

It was a very interesting listen, thanks for recommending.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer