> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Other Rules > HOTT WRG Rules
TOPIC: HOTT WRG Rules
PM Brad1971
Standard User
Posts: 101
HOTT WRG Rules
Brad1971
17th Dec 2023 02:22:15

So needing to scratch a fantasy itch.....I am looking at the army packs for fantasy in the catalog.  Do any of you play HOTT with Baccus and if so how many figures do you usually use per base?

Thanks


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
HOTT WRG Rules
dourpuritan
18th Dec 2023 10:19:45

Thanks for reminding me of these. Will be looking at Da Vinci Italians, but in 15mm I'm afraid (because I already have them).


A little goes a long way

PM Brad1971
Standard User
Posts: 101
HOTT WRG Rules
Brad1971
18th Dec 2023 01:09:13

I have been re reading the rules.  I played DBA and DBM I guess 20 years ago and I like them.  My plan is too maybe get a couple armies and teach a friend to play.


PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
HOTT WRG Rules
Whirlwind
19th Dec 2023 06:57:54

So needing to scratch a fantasy itch.....I am looking at the army packs for fantasy in the catalog.  Do any of you play HOTT with Baccus and if so how many figures do you usually use per base?

 I don't play HOTT but I do play DBA and similar principles would apply (for me), using 60mm x 30mm bases:

x1.5 for the number of models in a rank (e.g. if the rules suggest 8 on a 40mm base, then I would use 12)

30mm / HOTT BD for the number of ranks. So units that would be on a 10mm deep base would have 3 ranks, 15mm deep base would be in 2 ranks, otherwise a single rank.

That works out ~ as:

24-36/base for Spears and Blades etc.

16-18/base for Warbands

16-24/base for Shooters

8-12/base for Knights (if using more than 9, I would give them an extra rank)

and so on.

hope that helps


PM Brad1971
Standard User
Posts: 101
HOTT WRG Rules
Brad1971
20th Dec 2023 01:39:43

Yes it was what I was looking for.  Thank you for putting in the leg work!

 


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer