> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Other Rules > Great War Spearhead 2
TOPIC: Great War Spearhead 2
PM Animelib
Standard User
Posts: 6
Great War Spearhead 2
Animelib
29th Jan 2024 07:09:10

Never thought I would do WWI miniatures, but the Baccus line, plus Prit Buttar's East Front series reeled me in. While waiting for my shipment of AustroHungarians and Russians (yes, I'm a masochist), I'm trying to figure out how to represent the AH 76mm trench mortar battery. Any ideas from the Old Sweats out there?


PM Animelib
Standard User
Posts: 6
Great War Spearhead 2
Animelib
10th Feb 2024 12:12:49

Got this answer from Robert on the GWSH2 Yahoo forum: "I don't have any direct experience with this question. My use of AH forces relates to 1914, before the use of mortars. If you are thinking of 1917/18 then I would recommend the German Minenwerfer models. For 1915/16, it is a bit more tricky. You will want the crew to wear the soft AH caps most likely. It will need a mix of AH artillery crews and either scratch building the gun (which is basically a plasticard rod or equivalent for the 15cm version for example) or ordering something like the French 58mm type 2 mortar, swapping out the crew."

 

 

 


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer