> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Other Rules > General D’Armee 2nd Edition
TOPIC: General D’Armee 2nd Edition
PM SteveAshy
Standard User
Posts: 19
General D’Armee 2nd Edition
SteveAshy
6th Jul 2024 07:21:49

Has anyone used these rules with 6mm armies


PM Mort53
Standard User
Posts: 68
General D’Armee 2nd Edition
Mort53
7th Jul 2024 09:56:23

I have used them, happy to answer any questions although should add I'm a solo gamer so might bend the rules as I see fit.


Mort

there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and it was a flamethrower 

PM diadochi
Standard User
Posts: 18
General D’Armee 2nd Edition
diadochi
8th Jul 2024 09:16:10

I'm planning to use them but unsure on how to base the figures.


PM Mort53
Standard User
Posts: 68
General D’Armee 2nd Edition
Mort53
8th Jul 2024 11:13:24

I opted for the following as it allows me to use multiple rule sets (GDA 1& 2, Blucher, Polemos etc).

Infantry 16 figs 40x20 mm bases 

Cav 9 figs 40X40

Guns 1 or 2 guns 40X40

Command round bases


Mort

there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and it was a flamethrower 

PM SteveAshy
Standard User
Posts: 19
General D’Armee 2nd Edition
SteveAshy
9th Jul 2024 07:03:07

I use the Baccus bases as I find that they look impressive in mass

Infantry - 24 figs 60x30mm base

Cavalry - 9 figs 60x30mm base

Artillery - 1 cannon, 4 figs 30x30mm base

ADC's/Brigadiers - 1 fig 20x20mm (2p) round base

Command - 4 figs 30x30mm round base

 


PM zabarr
Standard User
Posts: 43
General D’Armee 2nd Edition
zabarr
9th Jul 2024 06:09:31

GDA2 is excellent in 6mm. It's my favorite ruleset for Napleonics currently. I've played many rulesets over the years, and I'd say it's my favorite battalion level ruleset of all time.

Here's how I base:

Infantry: 3 bases 40X20mm, 54 figs per base

Cavalry: 3 bases 40x20mm, 24 figs per base

Artillery: 2 bases 40x20mm, 8 figs and 2 guns per base. Also 2 bases of limbers per battery

Command: 30mm base with 3 or 4 command

Brigadiers: 25mm base with 2 command

ADCs: 20mm base with 1 command

Here are some examples:


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer