Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Polemos Rules > Just Bought Polemos WSS Rules
TOPIC: Just Bought Polemos WSS Rules
PM gsayhi
Standard User
Just Bought Polemos WSS Rules
gsayhi
22nd Apr 2022 12:43:57

I just bought the Chosen Men, Well Disposed Polemos rules. I got the PDF from wargames vault. I sure hope that Baccus Ukranian aid support will be added for that purchase. Yes?

Also, when looking at the rules I notice there are no special rules for grenadiers or heavy/siege artillery. Why is that?

Respectfully,

Gsayhi

PM MattiT
Standard User
MattiT
22nd Apr 2022 07:51:37

Hey Gsayhi,

I don't have the WSS ruleset, but the parallel time period GNW ruleset also doesn't have rules for Heavier artillery, rather just saying that a smaller number of real life heavier guns (four instead of six) can functionally be represented by field artillery.

The GNW rules do have special rules for amalgamated grenadier battalions though, where they deduct 1 from enemy defence factors from fortifications when testing to charge. It could be that the WSS rules only consider grenadiers as a company mixed into a battalion, but you could probably use the grenadier rule from the contemporary GNW set if you wanted to!

PM hwiccee
Standard User
hwiccee
23rd Apr 2022 11:33:59

I am not sure Chris, who wrote the CM,WD rules is on here but perhaps I can help with the rules inquiry.

As MattiT has mentioned grenadiers battalions were rare in the WSS and usually grenadiers were just part of a 'normal' battalion. Also when they were actually used as a battalion they were not really much more than high-quality 'normal' troops. So I would just rate them as Veteran and as has been mentioned a bonus on attacking fortifications if you want to. 

On the heavy/siege artillery, it depends on what kinds/sizes of guns you are thinking of? Big guns didn't really feature in the GNW but they did occasionally in the WSS. But I don't think they are functionally very different to 'ordinary' field artillery and so I would go with the idea in the GNW set - i.e. have a model gun = less real guns.

If you really want to use them as a specific type then count them as field artillery with a long range of 10BW. Add 1 to their point blank and close range fire factors.but they can only fire every other turn.

They would start the game unlimbered and can not move, pivot or manhandle at all.

PM gsayhi
Standard User
gsayhi
27th Apr 2022 01:42:56

Thank you both. It helps in how I play.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11
Ottoman Turkish Flags

AMN04 - Martu/Amorite ArchersAMN04