Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Polemos Rules > ACW Rules
TOPIC: ACW Rules
PM rsjahn
Standard User
ACW Rules
rsjahn
3rd Sep 2022 05:13:11

I'm doing some ACW-Armies (in 3mm). In 'On they came' the measurment for bases is given as 200x100 yards, but I can't find a measurment for 'Crisis of Allegiance (fighting on army-level and 6x6cm bases). It would be nice to have suggestions, for building redoubts, redans etc.

Cheers, Ralf

PM rsjahn
Standard User
ACW Rules
rsjahn
4th Sep 2022 05:51:31

Found it myself... "400 yards square" for a base oif infantry - but thats not the same as 400 square yards, or is it? That would be too small.

My english is not that good...

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
ACW Rules
dourpuritan
4th Sep 2022 08:23:24

www.6mmacw.com

Have a look at this site. There are tips on building small scale scenery. I actually use these rules with 3mm figures from Peter Pig and Ozmy Oddziel.

A little goes a long way

PM rsjahn
Standard User
ACW Rules
rsjahn
4th Sep 2022 11:56:21

Thanks for the tip, really great site!

I'm using Ozmy Oddziel by now, very easy to paint and looking great.

PM rsjahn
Standard User
ACW Rules
rsjahn
29th Sep 2022 09:42:19

If anyone is interested, there are now some pictures of my ACW-Units on the facebook-side of PicoArmor

PM Brad1971
Standard User
ACW Rules
Brad1971
3rd Jan 2023 10:41:56

I have read Altar of Freedom and Polemoink I favor the Polemos honestly.  But of course will play both.   I just like a little more meat on the bone sometimes.

PM Brad1971
Standard User
ACW Rules
Brad1971
30th Jan 2023 04:45:05

Re reading Polemos ACW rules and the only thing that is kind of proving to be hard for me to get a grasp of is how much Tps it would cost to move a group of 4 bases together.  I thought it would just cost the same as moving a single independent base but then later i read it cost 4?    I believe a group moving is the same as a single element TP wise is this correct?

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
ACW Rules
Glenn Pearce
3rd Feb 2023 01:37:10

I believe your right but if you can tell me which ACW rule set your looking at and which page numbers your concerned with I'll gladly have a look for you and let you know what I think. 

PM davidbest
Standard User
ACW Rules
davidbest
11th Jun 2023 04:23:52

Hi. On They came pg 13 the chart for Tempo Points Per Action states to move a single base or a group of bases costs 1/2 TPS (Tempo/Non Tempo).  There is no limit mentioned for the number of bases.  There is a movement rate reduction if the infantry group is wider than 1 base.  I can't find any mention of the extra cost for 4 bases.

Hi there.  I was just wondering about the status of #26654 which was ordered Nov 28.  It's listed as paid.  I realize you've been busy but I'm just asking.

Thanks,

David

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by milopea
3rd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan