> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Polemos Rules > Ruse de Guerre for ACW?
TOPIC: Ruse de Guerre for ACW?
PM Whistler
Standard User
Posts: 2
Ruse de Guerre for ACW?
Whistler
6th Mar 2024 09:12:17

Hello, I bought Ruse de Guerre recently and the rules look good.  I wonder if these are also suitable for the ACW? Paddy Griffith's writing made a good case in his claim that battles were fought at Napoleonic ranges so I suppose there shouldn't be a problem there.  Any thoughts or experiences with using the rules for the War between the States?

 

 


PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Posts: 406
Ruse de Guerre for ACW?
Glenn Pearce
6th Mar 2024 07:56:16

Hello Whistler!

Glad to hear you obtained RdG and think they look good! Yes, you can use them for ACW and European Napoleonic's as well. All you have to do for the ACW is treat cavalry mounting or dismounting as a change of formation (2TP). Once dismounted they are treated as skirmishers. Rate them anyway you want. You can also create infantry skirmish bases if you want. I normally make one regiment in a brigade a skirmish base just to give the brigade a little more flexibility. I'm also a fan of Paddy Griffith's writings. Have any further questions, glad to answer them.

Enjoy RdG,

Glenn


PM Whistler
Standard User
Posts: 2
Ruse de Guerre for ACW?
Whistler
7th Mar 2024 04:43:58

That sounds good!  I will have a look at your recommendations.  Thank you.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer